Week after week, Marcella, Jessie-Lee, and I talk about topics that help us work smarter and create better.
This, however, is not one of those weeks.
Last Friday, while having lunch with Kathleen and Jessie-Lee, I got in trouble. You see, at the time, I was about to go on vacation, and I let it slip that I had planned to edit this podcast while I was on a plane to Paris.
This bit of news did not go over well with my lunch buddies, and soon it was decided that an intervention would be required — an intervention that would be staged during this week’s episode.
Even though I feigned ignorance about why it was considered a bad thing to be doing work while on a plane with my husband to one of the most romantic cities on earth, the reality is that even the most goal-crushing of workplace gladiators needs to take a nap every now and then.
But when you’ve got a team of other amazing people counting on you (and a to do list that’s a mile long), the process of getting out the door for a well-deserved break can feel like an impossible obstacle course of shifting priorities, surprise meetings, and whack-a-mole, last-minute projects.
How should you handle it all, so you can make it to vacation without losing your mind? And were Jessie-Lee and Marcella able to talk some sense into my pre-Paris, work-obsessed brain?
You’ll have to listen in to find out…
Listen to the Episode
What We Talked About
- How do you manage work before you leave?
- How do you effectively balance your pre-vacation to do list as priorities shift and change?
- What do you do when time runs out before you get all of your work done?
- How do you make sure you leave for vacation with happy team members in your wake?
- How do you set boundaries once you leave?
Resources We Discussed
We Want to Hear from You!
First, subscribe to Creator’s Block on Apple Podcasts. Second, have a question or an idea for a future episode of the podcast? Let us know!
- Creator’s Block: Twitter, Instagram
- Jessie-Lee: Twitter, Instagram
- Marcella: Twitter, Instagram
- Liz: Twitter, Instagram
- Chris: Twitter, LinkedIn
Or, you can leave us a comment below! Until next week…