The dangers of reckless email marketing are real, people.
From unsubscriptions to being marked as spam, having a slapdash approach to email production and strategy is likely to catch up your to brand quickly if it hasn’t already.
Over 54% of companies have six or more emails in production at one time, with 31% having less than half of a week of work going into each one. With so many balls in the air at once, it’s important to have a tried and true process for getting emails planned, written, and out the door in a timely manner.
Collecting data and insights from about 900 email marketers in its 2016 State of Email Production Report, Litmus, along with Movable Ink, has created this handy infographic to help teams like yours streamline and improve your email production processes.
The duo breaks the workflow down into eight sections:
- Strategy & Goal Setting
- Content Creation
- Email Design
- Email Development
- Quality Assurance & Testing
- Post-Send Reporting
Some of the highlights include:
- 83% of people plan their content on the Google or Microsoft Suites
- 81.4% of companies design their emails in Photoshop
- 59.2% of companies edit their emails in Adobe Dreamweaver
- Only 47% of companies have a “pre-flight” checklist