Last week, Marcella and I welcomed Christine to the Creator’s Block podcast to talk about what she and I learned while closely collaborating on two creative projects of unusual size.
One of those was a 10,000-word magnum opus (also known as pillar content) that discussed the five steps companies need to complete before they hire an agency to redesign their website.
As a follow-on to the discussion we had with Christine about best practices for creative collaborations, Jessie-Lee and I wanted to use this week’s episode to take a deep dive into the actual subject matter of one of the most important sections of that piece of pillar content.
It’s the first question any business should be able to answer internally before they even consider embarking on a website redesign:
“Why do we want to redesign our website?”
While the answer to this question will, understandably, be unique to your organization, there is such a thing as a bad answer. In fact, there are a few answers that should result in you immediately pumping the brakes on any website redesign initiative.
And that’s what this episode is all about — understanding when you shouldn’t and shouldn’t redesign your website.
(Oh, and by the way, Jessie-Lee and I will be doing an AMA over at IMPACT Elite tomorrow morning at 11 a.m. about how we pulled this massive piece of content together — hope to see you there!)
Listen to the Episode
What We Talked About
- Why is asking “why” about a website redesign project so important?
- What are the reasons you should redesign a website?
- When should you not redesign your website — or at least dig deeper about the reasons you think you should?
- When should you redesign your website, and when should you only tweak it?
- Also, what is a thought muffin? And how do you know when they’re fully baked?
Resources We Discussed
We Want to Hear from You!
First, subscribe to Creator’s Block on Apple Podcasts. Second, have a question or an idea for a future episode of the podcast? Let us know!
- Creator’s Block: Twitter, Instagram
- Jessie-Lee: Twitter, Instagram
- Marcella: Twitter, Instagram
- Liz: Twitter, Instagram
Or, you can leave us a comment below! Until next week…